June 28, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Today I turned the gas burner on to start to boil a pot of water. I put the prepared pot on the wrong side of the stove and decided to put my arm over the burner to get it.  Duh!  I singed the hair on my arm off.  Oops!

2.  I just found out that our local swim club actually has a miniature golf course in it.  We played last week and it was so fun. It was Corbin's first time.  Even Cody got a turn using the "bat" as he called it.

3.  Do you remember the song: He who began a good work in me?  You know? He who began a good work in me, will be faithful to complete it.  He'll be faithful to complete it. He who started the work will be faithful to complete it in me.  I love it.  I have been singing it all day.

4.  I had to share with you pictures of Corbin's kindergarten graduation.  I know I posted a bit about this already but kindergarten pics are so cute!  We had a church graduation with our homeschool group. Because it was Pre-K through 11th they did not do cap's and gowns for all (except the 12th graders who graduated the next day.)  We borrowed our cap and gown from a good friend and I was able to get some good photos - the sentimental kind!
Outside of the church before the graduation


Corbin getting a rose for me after receiving his certificate for graduation









5. I just started an awesome bible study on Trusting God tonight.  Perfect timing for me, that is for sure.

6. Summer sure has been a blessing.  I am blessed that I am able to sleep until around 8 or 9 am each day!  I love my sleep.

7.  I hate family drama. (I know - random - but I had to say it.)

 8.  I hate greed. Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

9.  I have been thanking God that he has put some really good Christian friends and mentors in my life.  I can't imagine going through life without a person to call on for prayer or encouragement. Thank you Jesus!

10.  I took a Gluten free cooking class last weekend and it was so much fun!  I made bread and tasted muffins and pancakes.  The bread part was awesome because as you know the last time I made Gluten free bread it didn't turn out so well.  This time is was exceptional.  I can't wait for more GF cooking classes. I received some yummy recipes and learned a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Corbin, I am so proud of you! You look great receiving your diploma and also wearing a cap and gown! ~Gina

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.