June 20, 2011

I'm Here?!?

Wow.  Where has the time gone?  Every night I go to bed and among my thoughts are things I want to post about on Feasting On Joy.  I have big intentions but lately finding a good chunk of time to post has not happened.  I have also been having space issues and memory problems on my computer which hampered the photo rich post I wanted to do tonight.  The below update was much needed anyway. It was meant to be to have words only tonight.

We have been busy with our big boys kindergarten graduation, play dates, visiting my sick Grandpa, crops, a Chuck E Cheese visit, a sickness, church baptism, trying out a new church, swim lessons, counseling, and a big Father's Day picnic with some of our friends and family.  Oh my! In between all that I have been enjoying sleeping in,  time at home playing with my boys and in my brokenness learning to truly trust in the Lord through the roller coaster of life.

I have also remained Gluten Free now for 3 months! Next week I have my follow up appointment with my doctor in regards to going gluten free as well as blood test results. I had blood taken today and they had to take 9 tubes!  UUGGH! Coming from a girl who used to be the screamer and all the nurses didn't like, I can't believe how much I have had to have my blood taken in my adult life. It's not so bad anymore though.
I hope to share what I find out at the appointment. Hopefully good news. I have had a chance to do some experimenting with some gluten free cooking lately too and I am happy to be putting together a post with a few good pics and recipes! My confidence is growing in adapting recipes I like or already have to be made gluten free. I also can't wait for this weekend because I get to take my first gluten free cooking class.  Yay! Of course I will be posting about that and sharing some of what I learn.

Tomorrow I have an appointment for a test called a biomeridian at a natural medicine center.  I am excited about it because it should be able to tell me what allergies to food I have as well as if there are toxic levels in my body from pollution, allergens, etc. It feels good to be finding some people and places that can truly help me to find the cause of some of my health issues rather than just treat the symptoms. Also up and coming is a post about harmful ingredients that we need to avoid in products that we buy. 

As soon as I get this space/memory thing worked out the pictures will be back.  I always love posts with pictures. Stay tuned because I would like to get back to regular posting so you have something to feast on!

I would like to leave you with a verse that really speaks to me about TRUST.
Jeremiah 17:7-8
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.