June 6, 2011

Activity of the day

Today we did an activity that I found in my June Thriving Family magazine.  I love this magazine. Focus on the family creates it and they are now offering subscriptions for FREE!  If you don't get it I highly recommend that you subscribe to it.  

During the summer TF Magazine usually has a couple pages that have a calendar on them and a summer activity to do everyday that incorporates God's word along with a fun thing to do. I love the ideas because they are really creative and make me think to.  Anything that brings God into our everyday tasks is a winner for us.

Today's activity was to have your child write a bible verse (specifically Psalm 119:11).  Once it is written down then cut it up like a puzzle.  Then hide the pieces around the house and then have a little hunt to find them.  Put the puzzle together and during the week memorize the verse as a family. Beware that if you let your little one cut the puzzle pieces, you may have A LOT of pieces to find that are crazy difficult to put back together.  So fun though!









I have to say that this activity did help me to hide God's word in my heart.  While trying to put the puzzle together I had to recite the verse many times and because of that I actually memorized it.  Corbin did the same and now we know a new verse together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.