May 14, 2011

Tidbits in May

~I just got over being sick for a week.  It was horrible. I felt like I was going to die and that my throat was on fire.  All the symptoms of Strep.  After four tests only one came back positive for Strep.  Hmmm... what is wrong with the testing these days? (another post for another time)

~I had a nice Mother's Day.  It was low key because my husband was getting over the sickness I gave him.  He was selfless though and packed a nice picnic to go to the lake and feed the ducks. He have me a wonderful card along with a Teavana gift card.  Corbin made me some sweet gifts and a cute card. For dinner Steve and my dad made us an all American dinner complete with Gluten Free burgers, potato salad, corn on the cob and more! Thanks my love!



~I went shopping today with my mom and the boys and it was so cute because every time we walked by something Cody grabbed it from his stroller and said "Momma, Cuke!"  "Momma Cuke!" He was showing me all the clothes he thought were "cute".  Precious.

~Last week I roasted some garlic.  I bought a HUGE head of elephant garlic popped it in the oven and turned it into garlicky, nutty goodness.  I have always wanted to do this.  It has been yummy for soups, stews and stir fries.  I will definitely be doing this again.


~Today I made my first homemade chicken stock.  I figure I saved our family about 18 dollars doing this.  It was so easy and tastes amazing.  I can't wait to use it in my dishes.


~Yesterday we were at a red light and I started red light praises.  I was praising God for our car and the fact that we can drive it freely, afford to drive it and that God has given us the means to drive it.  Just then the light turned green and I stepped on the gas and it sputtered a bit. I got on the freeway and the car had virtually no power! Luckily I could get off at the exit a little bit away and get safe.  The car died!  Such a crack up the timing of this.  Anyway, $1000 bucks later and a new fuel pump (among other things) and our car is as good as new.  I AM thankful for it!  God has a sense of humor and thankfully I do to.

~We are officially done with Corbin's kindergarten year.  What a wonderful accomplishment.  He has come so far and I am so proud of him.  We will be participating in a promotion/graduation for him in June with our homeschool group.  I can't wait.


~I bought some See's Candy last time I was at the mall and I have loved that stuff since I was a little girl.  Strawberry Creams and Peanut Crunch!  Yummy.  I tried to get into Godiva chocolate years ago and it was good but most of it tasted the same to me.  I think See's is better!

~I am not understanding the new "thing" to make your photos look yellowy and "vintage."  I am not really a fan.  Instead I am taking the yellow out of our old photos through Creative Memories Memory Manager.  One click and it is done.  Funny how some people want it to look that way and some don't.

Thanks for reading my randomness today!  I hope you have a blessed week~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.