February 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I have been enjoying some days in the past week where I feel like I am above water, taking a breathe of fresh air.  I praise God for this and cherish these days.  I don't take them for granted.

2. I have been enjoying attending the symphony with Corbin on some field trips with our homeschool group.  The first one we went to was a mixture of symphonies from various composers and then second one was all about Beethoven.  It was nice because we learned all about his life as well as got to listen to his amazing music.  The next one we are going to is all about Vivaldi.  We get to have Steve with us for this one.  He loves classical music.

3. I have used my brand new dutch oven twice in the past week. My first dish was not as glamorous as I has hoped it to be. I made refried beans, not Creamy Shrimp Risotto.  The Risotto is still going to happen.  I have the arborio rice to make it but my store was out of shrimp!  Wha?
Here are the beans.  Haven't you always wanted to see a picture of the refried beans I made?
I like to have homemade refried (really not refried) beans in the fridge and freezer.  We use them in a lot of things.

4. I made millet for my kids and I for breakfast yesterday for the first time.  I really was not a huge fan.  I don't know if I cooked it wrong or if I cooked it right but the texture was kind of odd.  I would rather have couscous, oatmeal, or cream of wheat in the morning.

5. I am starting to think about next school year (in the fall) and what curriculum(s) we are going to use. It is exciting to me but a bit overwhelming.

6. I thought it would be fun to look up pictures that I took on this day last year and this is one that brought me so much joy when I saw it

7. This month I will celebrate my five year anniversary as a consultant with Creative Memories.  This business has brought me such joy.  I have met many ladies that have become like family to me.  I have gotten to travel and go on amazing retreats with good friends and have completed over 40 albums. I am so glad that 15 years ago I started scrapbooking with CM.  It has been such a blessing.

8. I have found a really cool app for our new iPad. (Steve won an iPad from his work raffle for Christmas.)  The app is called Brain Pop.  It is an app that has a new, short 2-3 minute, educational movie everyday.  I really like it because it is a short way to get a lot of information.  Some of them are appropriate for Corbin to watch and he loves them.  They even have a quiz at the end.  Corbin loves that part.  He likes to be graded.  We have learned about Mars, Saturn, the space program, Mozart, digital animation, and many more.

9. I have only been into a Chick-fil-A a couple of times in my life but last time I went I noticed they were playing Christian music.  I was thrilled about this. Corbin also got a comic book in his kids meal that had a lesson in character in it.  This is a place I will definitely go back to.  I feel it is very important to support companies that have the same values I have.  At the same time I feel it important to stay away from companies that don't support the things I believe in.

10.  These verses were encouraging to me today:
Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.