February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Funny I am even posting on this day because it is not really one of my favorite days.  Not because I don't love love but because of how commercial everything is and how, as women, it can't set us up for trouble - namely expectations. I can honestly say that I don't have expectations for this day and whatever happens happens.  Rather, I like to concentrate on how I can show love to those in my family and outside of my family.

Of course, we are going to start out with a love (or heart) themed breakfast.  In the past I have done pink pancakes with beet puree.  This year I am going to do heart shaped french toast and a pink smoothie.  I did get Corbin a small gift but tried to stay away from the candy. 

After breakfast we are going to have a love-themed homeschool day.  The verse of the day will be:

John 13:34
A new command I give you, love one another as I have loved you so you must love one another.

This will be what our day in school and outside of school will be centered on.  Giving, not getting.  Giving Love. How can we show that we love each other in our family and outside. It will be a good day to get outside of ourselves, our own little worlds and pass on love to those around us.

Really, valentines day is not just about lovebirds and romance.  That is fun but lets not get all hyped up about what the commercials and society say V-day should be. Let's think about what Jesus would do on Valentines Day.
Every day for Him was Valentines day - He was perfect at loving everyone, everyday expecting nothing in return.

W.O.W.

Remember John 13:34 and see how you can bless someone inside or outside of your family today and expect nothing in return.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.