February 19, 2011

Translation

I just love the age where the littlest ones start being able to vocalize what they want or what they see with more than a grunt.  It is always so cute to hear how each word comes out of their mouth.  We are at that stage now with Cody and it always makes me smile or laugh.

The funniest one was last week when we were out to dinner and I set a small plate of veggies in front on him (all of which he has eaten before) and he saw it and immediately proclaimed - "YUCK!"  No translation needed there!  I had never heard him speak so clearly and with such passion.  Of course, that won't be funny a year from now if that happened again but the first time it was definitely funny.

So even though "yuck" didn't need translation, the following words below do need translation and there are even some I still can't translate.

I really love this photo, I wish I could take credit for it but my awesome photographer cousin took this.

Here are some of the things Cody says:
  1. guck
  2. oeo
  3. ya-ya
  4. meo-meo
  5. dooty
  6. boody
  7. rayie
  8. omeo
  9. bopee
  10. wreyl

Can you guess what they mean?

Here are the translations:
  1. stuck
  2. cheerio
  3. kitty
  4. milk
  5. dirty
  6. birdy
  7. raisin
  8. oatmeal
  9. paci
  10. wrestle
I thought I would share this because it is something that really brings me joy.  To hear him communicating in his own way is always an adventure.  I love this age!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.