December 21, 2010

Mounds Bars

I started making this dessert for Christmas time last year.  I had it for the first time at one of my MOMS functions at church and I loved them so much.  I happen to really like coconut so this was a winner for me.  These bars are so easy to make and that is another reason I love them.

My friend Camille gave me this recipe and I have adapted it a bit.  They are always a hit!  Try them.

There are three layers to this dessert:
graham cracker crust

coconut layer




chocolate chip layer (sorry its blurry)
Recipe:
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 can Eagle Brand condensed sweetened milk
4 c. coconut
1 12oz. bag oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper that comes over the sides. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter, and bake in 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 8 min. Mix the condensed milk and coconut together, and spread gently on baked crumbs (this part you might have to do with your fingers gingerly so you don't disturb the crust below.) Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour chocolate chips over warmed coconut layer and stick it back in the oven until you see the chocolate chips melting (about 5 minutes.)  Remove it from the oven and spread the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the the whole dessert.  Let it cool and put it in the refrigerator about 2 hours or more.  Once they are completely chilled remove the whole dessert from the pan by pulling the parchment paper.  Set the dessert on a cutting board and with a sharpened butchers knife (the big knife) cut them into squares.  They are rich so don't make the squares too big.

Make these and you will have one happy camper - or many happy campers!  Corbin literally asks if he can have one every hour of the day!










1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, Mmmm, MMMMMM! I happen to LOVE coconut too! I am definitely making these for my next needed dessert to bring somewhere (cuz left at home, yup, they will be gone.) I have to say, by the way, that the picture isn't blurr. It is just an action shot. The chocolate chips are melting before my eyes and makes me want to eat them even more! That was the cutest picture of Corbin. I can see the anticipation on his cute little face. Hope your Christmas was wonderful. Can't wait to hear about it.
    -Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.