October 9, 2010

What's happening?

Happy Saturday!  I thought I would let you all know how things are going around here.  We have had some pretty big things happening so it is clearly time for an update.

Steve has now been home for about a month recovering from his Micro lumbar discectomy and is scheduled to go back to work next week.  I know he is antsy to get back to work but he has enjoyed his down time and getting to catch up on his reading.  His incision is healing well and he is getting around better. He still has some shooting pains and some sciatic pain here and there but it doesn't shoot down his leg like it used too.  We are wondering though if the pain he still has is normal.  We may ask the doctor to request an MRI at the end of the month to double check that all is well in there.

Cody is almost healed from the chicken pox.  That seriously was a breeze.  I would rather do that than fevers and flues and sicknesses like that.  It still cracks me up that they have a vaccination now for chicken pox. (no offense to those that partake in that) but it is just not scary.  I know for a person with a weakened immune system it would be a bit more traumatic to have chicken pox so I am thankful that Cody is healthy as well as those around us.  I do hope Corbin gets them so we can get them out of the way for life.  We will see.  The incubation period is almost up.

Other than that we just enjoyed a week filled with family visits.  My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins came down last weekend to help celebrate Cody's first birthday.  My brother and sister-in-law came into town for the week for a visit.  We enjoyed time with our family.  We went on our annual trip to a local mountain town to celebrate apple season and enjoyed some meals out along with some good visiting time and some down time. I love my family!  I am so grateful for them in my life. 

We also were able to do school daily while our family was here but enjoyed the flexibility of homeschooling and being able to stop and start when we like. Corbin had his mid-week soccer and end of the week bowling league too. A fun filled week. 

I actually got some Christmas shopping done last week as well.  There used to be a time in my life when I used to have it all done by end of October (at the latest.)  Boy have things changed.  I feel good that I was able to get some gifts though.  A "head start."  We have been talking about and planning our Christmas vacation this year.  It is getting me looking forward to Christmas.  We usually stay home for Christmas and anyone who wants can come over and be with us.  We like to do our own traditions at home.  We will still be partaking in some of those this year but since we are in limbo with a place to live and all our Christmas stuff in storage we thought it would be a good year to have an away Christmas. I wouldn't normally do this because I am stickler about the kids being able to be home on Christmas but this year we have family moving to Boise, Idaho and we would like to be with them to celebrate.  We also would like to look around the area at homes and properties.  There are so many qualities that we like in Boise and the more we talk about it the more it fits within our vision for our lives and our children's lives.  Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. Only the Lord knows our future!

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.  Lord willing, I hope to meet you back here for Menu Monday!
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now getting updated on reading your blog I have been without a computer at home. Love the family pic including Jeff and his wife. Sounds like fun something different for Christmas-Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.