October 4, 2010

Menu Monday 10.4.10

I was able to cook a bit more this week.  Here is a recap:
Monday - Spinach Lasagna with garlic bread and a side salad  We use a spinach souffle in this to make it creamier and add some vegetable to it. My mom made this and did a great job!

Tuesday - Chicken Florentine Ring (a yummy, easy recipe from my friend Reina) So easy and quick - I taught my Dad to make it this time.
Wednesday - Teriyaki Chicken Tacos (Island's Restaurant Style) These turned out really yummy.  Just like Islands Restaurant except the chicken was shredded instead of chunks.  MMM I wan't some more right now!
Here is the recipe:  Take 3-4 chicken breasts (depending on how many people you have to feed) and put them in your crock pot. Cover them with your favorite teriyaki sauce.  Add 1 chopped onion and about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of pineapple.  Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours.  Shred the chicken with a fork and serve with the following fixings:  Fajita Size tortillas (not soft taco - they are too big), monterey jack cheese that must be put on the bottom of the tortilla (under the chicken), lettuce, tomatoes, and more cut up pineapple that is not soaked with the teriyaki sauce. I am sorry I meant to take a picture but I got so excited about eating them that I forgot!
Thursday - Albondigas Soup It was a prefect day to have soup because it was raining.  Even my one year old ate this.
Friday - Chicken Pot Pie (probably Paula Deen style - comfort to the max) Didn't get to this we ate out instead
Saturday - Split Pea Soup and Crusty Bread (providing our weather is not 113 degrees!) Didn't to this because we had some family in town and I needed a casserole to serve more people.  I made the tamale pie instead. I just used the recipe from the back of the Albers Cornmeal Box.  It was different but good and really tasted like there were tamales in the chili. I would make this again.

Sunday - Tamale Pie We ended up getting Chinese take out.  Yummy!

So here is the plan for this week:
Monday - I think I am finally going to get to making Paula's Chicken Pot Pie.  I had this at her restaurant, The Lady and Sons in Savannah and it was to die for. I got to meet her sons Jamie and Bobby Deen too.  They were so nice and even held Corbin who had a poopy diaper at the time - nice timing! Here's the proof...

Tuesday -Split Pea Soup with Crusty Garlic Bread
Wednesday -Mom's Crock Pot Stew
Thursday - A version of Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday and Sunday - honestly I am not sure for Saturday and Sunday yet.  It has been such a crazy weekend with Cody's first birthday party and family coming into town that this is all I have for now.

Now the next goal is to get the shopping done for some of the ingredients that I am missing for this week!  Aggh! It will get done, it always does.
Have a wonderful week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.