October 18, 2010

Menu Monday 10.18.10

I love food!  God gave us such wonderful foods and I am so grateful for the variety we have and the abundance.  I do not take it for granted!  We prepared and ate everything planned last week except the veggie quesadillas.  I should of had those on Sunday but I ran out of steam.  It was a tough day.

The best meal last week were the mini tacos.  Corbin ate FOUR of them!  They were so yummy.
Really they were simple.  It all started with the cute little mini tortillas I found at Costco.  These were smaller than fajita size.  Think street taco size.  What made these extra special good was that I toasted them on a griddle then I added cheese and let it melt.  Then I added the meat to that and folded them while they were still on the griddle.  I put all of them on a platter and then let everyone stuff them at the table with their own choice of fixins'.  The crunch of the outside of the tortilla and the melted cheese made them really different and tasty.  Everyone loved them!  I can't wait to make these again. It is so funny I am on this taco kick.

So here's the plan for this week:
Monday - Benihana Chicken Fried Rice from my cookbook "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" by Todd Wilbur
Tuesday - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup I crave this when I am sick but the problem is that when I am sick I can't make it.  Awwh, poor me.  
Wednesday - Susie's To Die for Crockpot Roast with roasted potatoes and veggies
Thursday - Spaghetti and Meatballs with garlic bread
Friday - Homemade Pizza and a Caesar salad
Saturday - Dry Rub BBQ baby back Ribs with veggies and mashed potatoes
Sunday - My Homemade Minestrone Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.