February 5, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.) 11 or 12 more weeks of school left! I can't believe it.

2.) Speaking of school I have loved all of our curriculum this year.  It has been so smooth and I cannot wait to post reviews.  I used all new curriculum and usually there is a learning curve/frustration phase but I didn't experience that this year.  Yay!  I am so glad because the health part of life would not have allowed me to go through a learning curve.

3.) I used to say "ignorance is bliss" not because I really wanted to be ignorant but because the more I learn (especially about food, toxins, our bodies, etc.) the more I wish I didn't know. It is so much easier to just go to the store and buy what I see or get the shampoo that smells good.  But really "knowledge is power."  Because I know the things I do and have learned so much over the past few years I think finally I may be able to get better and allow my children to have a life free (hopefully) from autoimmune diseases and filling up their "bowls" to a toxic level.

4.) I am so thankful for the internet.  Sure it can be a bad thing but the stories I have read and the healing I have heard about does my body good.

5.) I can't believe it but I only have 9 more days and I have finished my 6 month ALCAT elimination diet.  I will post a write up/summary on February 13 on that.  The good, the bad and the ugly!

6.) I started introducing raw milk into our diets. I made raw milk yogurt and raw milk greek yogurt out of it with my new yogurt maker. I can't believe how easy it was.  I think homemade yogurt is going to be a staple in our house.  Yummy.  I can only have about 1-2 tsp. a day right now to heal my intestines.

7.) Steve calls the raw milk "lactolax."  Bet you can't guess why!  Those enzymes (that aren't present in pasteurized milk) certainly work for him.

8.) Did you know that if you start taking probiotics and you have IBS, stomach problems, or yeast issues that you have to start with a very small dosage?  The reason is that when you introduce the good bacteria into your body/intestines they start killing off the bad bacteria which produces a "die-off" effect.  If you introduce too much too fast you an have extreme "die-off" that can cause itchiness, fatigue, headaches, nausea, achiness and lot more.

9.) My husband is healing well from his C5/6 spinal fusion in his neck. It has been almost four weeks.  His nerve pain in his shoulder is gone.  He still has a good amount of pain in his rib near his sternum where they harvested the bone for the fusion.  I guess when they "scoop" out the bone they put pretty intense pressure on the sternum and potentially separate a rib (slightly) from the sternum.  Unfortunately that happened to Steve and it takes a long time to heal.  He is sleeping in the recliner for comfort.  Poor guy!  It is so painful.

10.) Psalm 23 has been in my mind frequently lately.  It comforts me. I pray for the Lord to come back soon and gather us all up to His paradise.  I can't wait!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

~Blessings~


1 comment:

  1. love this post... that's news to me about probiotics, and I take them, on and off... thanks!~g

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.