June 21, 2012

Fathers Day

We had a very nice Father's day here.  Steve really wanted a rest day.  He works so many hours that a day of doing nothing sounded great to him.  After we went to church and had rest time we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house. My Dad and Mom are out of town visiting my brother and sister-in-law so we will celebrate with my Dad when we get back. He was missed.
The boys made cards for their Daddy and I framed a family picture for Steve to put on his desk at work.  My Aunt bought him some yummy fudge to spoil him some more! We thank God for Steve in our life and that he is a great Dad to Corbin and Cody.  They absolutely adore their Dad.

Steve is easy to please.  For his Father's Day meal he wanted a Papa Murphy's Chicago style stuffed pizza and Dr. Pepper. My Uncle is also easy to please so he enjoyed that too!  I am still eating differently than everyone for the most part and this wasn't Gluten Free so I didn't get to eat it.  It looked good though! 


My Aunt and Cousins set up the Slip N' Slide for the boys and they were in heaven!  It kept them busy almost the whole time. Anything to do with water and they are captured.  We love summer days.



I made Cherry Vanilla Dark Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert.  It was a hit!  I will share that recipe with you in the next post about the Cherry Festival we went to!

I just love spending lazy days with family.  Talking and creating memories together is such a gift from the Lord.  I am grateful and full of joy.

My Uncle is such a great guy.  He is a wonderful man of God and adores his family and spending time together.  He loves his two kids and is a great father.  We are so grateful for his wisdom and time spent with us! He has a special place in our hearts.

~Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. I love the simple pleasures! What a blessing :-) Pete was the same with Father's Day, and just wanted to relax. Easy to have a great day. BTW, it's so cool to see a pic of your uncle and Steve. I posted a comment on your previous post last week, and it didn't go thru after I submitted it. Oh, I'll try it again. Love to you friend, Gina

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.