April 17, 2012

Spring Gardening

Gardening season has begun here. It has been so much fun.  I have a lot to learn and love learning though! I love that beautiful fruits, veggies, plants and flowers come from such tiny little seeds and that they can actually sustain a life.  The days here have been on and off rainy (which I love) and the sunny days are bright blue and breezy with skies dotted with fluffy white clouds.  I enjoy the days we get out as a family and take care of our yard and get our garden ready. The bugs on the other hand take some getting used to!

Here are some of the flowers that have popped up here:

Tulips (for real this time I have been informed that the other ones I posted about here were crocuses NOT tulips.  Like I said, I have a lot to learn.)



Won't attempt to name these but they are pretty




Daffodils too!  We have the white ones with yellow as well.  Love these delicate beauties.

We bought a Red Fuji Apple Tree and an Elberta Peach tree to plant in our yard.  I cannot wait until we have fruit from these trees.  Yummy!

Here is Steve digging the hole for the peach tree

Cody is playing with the tape measure - he loves those!


Here we are after the tree is planted.  Our neighbor friend Rebecca joined us.  She loves to play with the boys.

This is our garden area and back patio.  You can see our kitty Max enjoys getting outside too (in the patio picture.)

Our grass is SO green now.  This was taken a few weeks back.  Our peach tree even has a lot of flowers on it now!


Since it is still early spring and we still have a chance of frost (it still gets in the thirties here at night) we have to start some of our seedlings inside.  I have planted Roma Tomatoes, Sweet Peppers, Jalapenos, Catnip and Thyme inside.  They are growing and it is so exciting to see.


This is such an exciting time and what an awesome opportunity to teach the boys about God's creation.  We plan to give Corbin a small section of garden he can plant himself and he will be helping plant and tend to our family garden through the season as part of school.  Cody also loves to plant the seeds, water and dig.  He was a great help when we planted our seedlings.  Praise God for his wonderful creation for us to enjoy!

Stay tuned, in a couple of days I am going to be posting about a gift Corbin got for Christmas called "Root Vue"  It also has to do with gardening and is another great way to teach him about how things grow and how to take care of them.

~Blessings~

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I so want to plant a garden. I'm way in over my head right now. I just don't know where or how to start. Maybe next year. Love the pictures. Can't wait to see what pops up later!
    -Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos of the spring flowers! We would like to garden too, but we've got a local bunny that makes it a challenge. Maybe next year...I'm definitely inspired! Miss you guys; enjoyed seeing all of your smiling faces in that photo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like seeing the photo of your whole fam! It reminds me of your comments on my january post about Oma. The update for us since then, is my boys planted seeds with my parents in their raised beds, and enjoy harvesting, checking on, and watering when we are down there.
    love to you friend,
    and thanks for posting -- you encourage me to keep blogging!
    ~g

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.