November 17, 2010

Why Wednesday

Every so often on Wednesdays I am going to post a "Why Wednesday" It could be me asking questions, answering questions, pondering questions or like this week listing reasons why I love something or don't like something.

In today's Why Wednesday I am going to focus on why I love homeschooling.

Why I love Homeschooling:
  • Because I get to live out Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.  As a parent I am responsible for training my children. For giving them the tools they need to grow up to become the Priest, Provider and Protector in their homes (since they are boys). It is a gift that I get to spend my time teaching and training my boys personally and academically. To show them how to follow the Lord and that I get to use every opportunity I have with them for these purposes.
  • I get to handpick what my little sponges will soak in each day. I am in charge of what my children learn and when they learn it. 
  • I can pick out character qualities that my children need to work on or grow in and tailor the day's or weeks curriculum to incorporate that.
  • I love homeschooling because essentially life is school.  Life is the classroom.  Whether we are at the grocery store, driving in the car or going to see a friend there is always an opportunity to teach.
  • I love that my children's hearts stay at home with me, they are not given to another teacher or person each day.
  • The resources available to use in homeschool are endless.  While this sometimes can feel overwhelming, I am so grateful for the choices that I have.
  • That I have a wonderful homeschool support group filled with wonderful, Godly, experienced homeschool parents willing to support and share at all times.
  • Because of the amount of opportunity homeschool affords for my boys.  My children can be involved in sports, drama, spelling bees, field trips, bowling leagues, speech and debate and on and on.  What a blessing!
  • I love the bond that I have with my children because of the time we spend everyday learning together , going places, getting through tough days together, and being humbled together.
I consider myself privileged to be able to homeschool my kids.  It is a freedom in this country I don't take for granted and thank God for everyday.  It gives me great joy to think about what I am going to teach my children each day and how we are going to spend our time constructively.  God has literally gifted me with two precious boys. I intend to do the best I possibly can with these gifts.  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.