September 8, 2010

On my nightstand

I love to read.  I wish I had more time to read.  Actually getting to sit down and read part of a magazine or a few pages of a book is quite a luxury these days.  Lack of time doesn't stop me from having a "to read" list or a pile of books on my nightstand ready for me to dig into.  I can't wait.

Here are the books that are on my nightstand now in no particular order:
  • Heaven by Randy Alcorn (My Dad has been raving about this book since he read it and I have been wanting to read it for a long time.  I can't wait to learn all about what to expect in heaven!)
  • How to Raise a Modern Day night by Robert Lewis (this is actually a book for Fathers but I would like to see what it says.)
  • Family Driven Faith by Voddie T. Baucham Jr. (Love this man.  He is SO inspiring.  I heard him two Homeschool conferences ago and he says it like it is and does not beat around the bush.  I have great respect for him and how he lives his life and leads his family.)
  • A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola (My aunt recommended this book and I have been able to read about ten pages of this and have really liked what I have read so far.)

Most times I have a Karen Kingsbury book on the nightstand too. I have read almost every book that she has ever written.  I love the way her books make me feel.  She is a great writer.

I also subscribe (or have been gifted subscriptions) to Real Simple, Thriving Family, Paula Deen, and Food Network Magazine.  I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.