June 4, 2010

Oatmeal Waffles

At our house we love breakfast.  I especially love sweet breakfast food but do enjoy savory as well.  It just depends on my mood.  Usually Steve chooses savory. Corbin follows suit after me and prefers sweets too.  Even though he prefers sweets he can eat like a whole package of sausage!  Off course I don't let him but he would if he could.

I am always on the lookout for yummy breakfast recipes.  We cook bigger breakfasts about one or twice a week. The rest of the time it is cereal, oatmeal or eggs with cheese and toast.  Sometimes bagels too. I have a good stockpile of delicious breakfast recipes of which I will share over time here but lets start with this one I just added to the collection.

Oatmeal Waffles

I stumbled across this recipe in Corbin's Clubhouse Jr. magazine.
This is a good recipe because Corbin can help.  I love having him cook with me because I can teach him math at the same time and he loves to help and taste test.

I usually make a double batch of these and freeze what we don't eat.  Then I can have pre-made healthier waffles that I just pop in the toaster for quick breakfasts when we have a sweet tooth.

Oatmeal Waffles
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup oats
1Tlbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
6Tlbs.  butter, melted
2Tlbs. brown sugar

In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.

In a small bowl, mix eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar.  Add to large bowl.  Stir until blended.

Slowly pour batter onto preheated, lightly greased (I dont usually grease it) waffle iron.

Serve with butter and syrup or strawberries and whipped cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.