April 12, 2010

Trusting in Me

Well.... not me as in Jennifer but trust in our Heavenly Father.  The Lord placed it on my heart to share my devotional today, rather than posting pictures or an event.  Here is what the Lord had to tell me:

"Trusting in me is a moment-by-moment choice.  My people have not always understood this truth.  After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely-- but only temporarily.  Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the utmost.

Isn't it often the same way with you?  You trust Me when things go well, when you see Me working on your behalf.  This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will.  When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies.  You are foced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you.  This choice consitutes a fork in the road.  Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My presence.  Choose to trust Me in all circumstances.  Exodus 15:22-25 & Psalm 31:14"
(This devotional is taken from Devotions for Every Day of the Year by Sarah Young - Jesus Calling)

I challenge you, as I have been, to choose to trust.  It takes effort and it is very difficult when things are tough. The more we make this a habit the easier it gets though. Do you have a hard time trusting in the little things like me?  Or maybe the big things are harder for you to lean on the Lord?  Look back at all that the Lord has done in your life on your behalf because He is faithful to complete the work He has started.  Maybe you might even keep a prayer journal if you have a hard time remembering? It helps.  He IS faithful to us and wants good for us. He loves us!
Have a blessed and filled up day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.