November 22, 2013

I made new craft room curtains!

It has been so much fun to get back into sewing here and there again. I used to sew a lot. I am decent at making anything but clothes. I tried clothes and the dress I made was hideous and fit terribly. Not my thing. So I will stick with home decor and other items for now.

The material I showed you a couple of days ago here:
"Time to create again!" has been transformed into one of my favorite home decor items yet. I made curtains for my craft room.

I am slowly getting my craft room in order and this was one big thing I needed to complete. I had to make these curtains with a liner because it gets cold here. The windows let in a lot of cold air and let the heat escape through them so liners help with that.

Here is what they look like...
They are so bright and cheery for the room and they have two of my favorite colors in them - blue and red!


The only thing I still want to do is sew button holes and three buttons on each outer edge so that when you open the curtains you can do it by buttoning the buttons in the holes.  I will do this instead of having ties or hooks.  That will probably get done in the next 9 months - Ha!


Here is a close up of the material. I just love it.  I am already starting to get some cute decorations to go with these curtains too! I bought a sign that is turquoise and says "It is well with my soul."  I also got a wire flower wall art that has teal flowers!  Sorry for all the exclamation points (one of my pet peeves) but I really am excited about the addition of these curtains. I actually went downstairs to the craft room the morning after I finished the curtains to just look at them.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

~Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.