January 3, 2012

Tidbits

I have been wanting to post this all day long but one thing leads to another and here I am at 10:00pm! 

1. I almost put off cleaning up my kitchen so I could post but I decided to do my work first!  I had to clean up some pans that were soaking from dinner ~ Gluten Free Mulligatawny Soup (my favorite), unload the dishes and put my homemade beef stock in freezer containers.  I am glad I got it all done first!

2. We are back to school this week and things are going well.  We enjoyed our short Christmas break and I feel refreshed again. I LOVE the flexibility of homeschool.

3. Corbin starts piano lessons tomorrow.  He is SO excited.  I am excited too, maybe I will learn something too?

4. We decided to join our local church homeschool Co-op.  I am so excited for this.  Corbin will be taking three classes along with chapel on Mondays.  His classes will be Lego building and learning how to speak in front of people, P.E., and Learning about the Armor of God.  I wish I had the opportunity to participate in things like this when I was a kid! Cody and I will be hanging out helping during the time too.

5. I started getting sick the day after Christmas and it lasted for about 4 days.  We had to postpone Daddy's birthday because of my sickness (and other extended family members were sick too.)  We ended up having a belated birthday party last night for Steve.  It was so much fun!
Corbin made him this cool birthday sign.

We had our extended family come over (I didn't get pictures...duh...) and they had dinner with us and opened presents and had cake.  We had such wonderful conversation.  I just love my family.  It was so awesome to hear my Dad and Uncle (his brother) laugh so hard over their childhood stories.


Steve has been craving pizza lately and he really wanted Papa Murphys.  Reminiscent of his college days.  I had never had it (and still haven't because they don't offer anything GF)  It looked SO good though.  He wanted a Chicago Style stuffed pizza.  Papa Murphy's is cool because you go in and order what you want, they make it right there on the spot and you take it home and bake it in your own oven.  For the record I did make my own Gluten Free French Bread so I could indulge with them in a Gluten Free French Bread Pizza.  Delicious!

This was similar to what it looked like....

I wished I got a picture of the cake.  I made a Gluten Free Yellow Cake with chocolate frosting (his favorite.)  The cake was OK.  I will probably try a different recipe next time.  I didn't have the candles I needed so I used the ones I had.  I put candle numbers 3, 4 and 2 and then added one tiny little normal candle on the side. This equals his age ~ No, not 343!  3 and 4+2+1! My 6 year old liked doing the math - 37 years old! Silly, I know. Happy Birthday Steve! May this be your best year ever.

6. I have been reading a book I got from my Brother and Sister-in-law for Christmas called 1000 gifts: Dare to live fully right where you are by Ann Voskamp  It has been an interesting read.  She has a very poetic way of writing.  Nothing like I have ever read before.  She is inspiring me to keep a gratitude journal of 1000 gifts (maybe more). Through her tragedies and brokeness in life Ann started seeking to know the Lord more fully. It led her to start keeping track of all of God's gifts. I love the gifts she writes about.  Everyday ordinary things that truly are "gifts" from the Lord. I can't wait to snuggle up under the blankets and read some more of it tonight.

7. We received a wonderful, unexpected blessing on New Years Eve.  It changed our whole evening around and we ended up having one of the best New Years Eve's I can remember.  I was still under the weather but almost over it and this blessing was just what I needed to get me out of the funk I was in. The four of us had a simple evening together.  We went to the store and got some junk food to much on.  Came home and ate it for dinner (agggh!) then did some sparklers (ones we used at our wedding 7 years ago), put Cody to bed and let Corbin stay up.  Corbin loved that.  Him and I played some Mario Brothers (I am still addicted to that game ~ although trying to set a good example), we all watched our own home videos, and then Steve, Corbin and I played a game of Sorry~ I WON. :-)  It was a wonderful family night.  We woke up the next day and had and AWESOME worship service with an AMAZING sermon at our new church.  It was a great start to the new year.


8. No New Years resolutions here. I like the idea of them but it is too much pressure.  I have goals and aspirations for the year but we will see what the Lord wants.  What I pray for this year is:
More Love
More Trust
More Joy
More Hope

Blessings~ Thank you for reading my blog.  I am grateful for all of you.  Have an excellent first week of 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.