April 27, 2011

To obey or to disobey

It seems like such a simple choice.  Right?

I think it is as simple as making a choice but we have to will ourselves to make that choice and follow the righteous path of obedience. If we do, blessings will flow.

I was having another divine appointment with my counselor the other day.  She is really like a mentor to me.  A wonderful Godly woman whom the Holy spirit ministers to me through. Love her!

Anyway, she showed me some verses in the bible where God directly portrays what a life of obedience and trusting in the Lord is like as well as the other side with a life of bitterness, distrust and unforgiveness. I thought I would pass along the wisdom because it really encouraged me and maybe it will encourage you too.

Jeremiah 17:5-8

Jeremiah 17:5-6 = life and fruit of bitterness and not trusting in the Lord...

5 Thus says the LORD:
"Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the LORD.
6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,
And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,
In a salt land which is not inhabited.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 = life trusting in the Lord and abiding in His forgiveness...
7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

I don't know about you but I like the later verses, they sound more appealing. If I choose to trust and obey as well as continually forgive then the peace comes.  The peace of Jesus.  It is not always so easy to do but the effort and hard work to choose trust and reject bitterness is worth it.

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.