December 2, 2010

One of the coolest Christmas Gifts

Earlier this week my son Corbin got a really awesome package in the mail sent by his cousins to him.  He knew it was coming and was waiting with great anticipation.  I knew what it was, or at least I thought I knew what it was but I was wrong. It was so much better than what I thought it was.

My cousins told me they were sending him a Lego advent calendar.  So I was thinking one of those chocolate kind like I had when I was a kid where it has a picture on the front and behind the closed doors you open there were chocolates waiting.  I thought this one was like that but with a Lego theme.

Well I am glad I was wrong because to my delight it wasn't a candy filled one at all! It was such a thoughtful gift.  Not only did they send it so it arrived right on December 1 but they wrapped it in Christmas paper and made him a cute Christmas card.  He was thrilled.

Here he is opening it up and looking at it.  By the way, please excuse the poor focus, lighting and exposure of all these shots.  I had to keep up with a 5 year old ripping paper and digging in as fast as he could and the lighting in this area of the house stinks...

Here it is in all it's glory.  My cousins told me that they had always wanted this but never ended up getting it and when they finally could they had outgrown it.  Corbin is just getting into Lego's so this was perfect.


You don't actually open the whole box of Lego's.  The whole box IS the advent calendar.  Instead you open the front flap and it lays on the floor (or counter) and that is where you build your scene.  Each day you take out a piece or part to make the scene in front of the calendar.


What's even more cool about this calendar is that you don't just pull out a Lego man or a Lego tree, you pull out the package that contains the pieces to build that part or piece.  Of course, it wouldn't be Lego's if you didn't get to build it.


An even more unique feature is that on the inside flap of the door just opened are the instructions on how to build the piece that was just pulled out. His first package was a Lego snowman.  How fun!  I would have loved this when I was a kid.  I love it now.  Corbin kept saying - "This is so cool." Everyone that would come in the house he had to tell them immediately about his new calendar and how it worked. My cousins said they got it a Lego store.  Now I realize it may be a bit late for this year but for next year what a great gift for a child ages 5-12.

Thanks so much cousins for making Corbin's week so bright and for your generosity.  He looks forward to opening these doors every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.