October 25, 2010

I knew it

Last week when I posted for Menu Monday I had some hesitation.  I hesitated on putting Homeade chicken noodle soup on my menu.  When it came to mind I thought, "I hope this doesn't mean that I am going to be sick on the day I have this soup planned."  Then I thought, "Well that is silly, what are the chances?" "I haven't had this in a while and it is perfect soup weather so we are going to have it." "Just because I like it when I am sick doesn't mean I am going to be sick!"

Guess what?


I starting getting sick on the day I had the soup planned! 
The good thing is that I wasn't too sick to make it on the day planned. So we still had it and it hit the spot.

 I haven't been able to beat this bug.  Actually it got better then it was gone for a day then it came back and got worse and now I am still feeling pretty yucky.  Today is better than yesterday which was spent mostly on the couch.  So needless to say - I don't have a menu to post today.  I haven't felt like devoting the mental energy to creating one so this week we are going to fly by the seat of our pants!

By the way I have to tell you that Susie's To Die For Crock Pot Roast was so so, so yummy.  Actually I had some leftover roast today on some buttered toast for lunch!  I have never tasted meat so flavorful - especially a roast. It was also so juicy and tender, no dryness at all!

Do you want the recipe?  It is SO easy!  Let me ask Susie if I can post it or if she can on her blog and I will let you know.  Seriously this is THE best roast I have ever had! You've got to try it!

Have a joyful week!  In fact why not Feast on Joy this week?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea, I'm so glad you tried it, it's wonderful! It's from a friend of mine, though- I can't take full credit. PW's pot roast is really easy to make, too and it involves about a 1/2 hour to prep and roasts 3 hours in the oven- delish on both accounts. Yes, please post Suzanne's pot roast and I'll send you her link to her blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.