September 27, 2010

Menu Monday 9.27.10

Half of my menu from last week kind of, well, didn't happen.  My mom did make the chicken chile cheese casserole and I did make Pioneer Woman's BBQ meatballs.  They were both REALLY yummy and really comforting and I NEED comfort food now.  I think we all do here.  I also did make the chicken soft tacos in the crock pot.  They turned out very tasty and as always it was nice to come home to a dinner already cooked and just waiting to eat!  I used the leftover chicken from this recipe to make Jessica Seinfelds Tortilla Cigars from her cookbook Deceptively Delicious.  I own this cookbook and even though it is packed in storage right now I remembered this recipe to use for my leftover shredded chicken.  They look more orange because they have carrot puree in them.  That's the whole premise of her book is hiding veggies in food so that your children will eat them.
 
Tortilla Cigars (now personally I would rename this - especially since it is a meal made to be appealing to children. I do not want "cigars" to be appealing to my children.)




So we pick up half of last weeks menu to start this week.  This is kind of nice because it was a bit less planning for me and I already have a lot of the ingredients.

Monday - Spinach Lasagna with garlic bread and a side salad
Tuesday - Chicken Florentine Ring (a yummy, easy recipe from my friend Reina)
Wednesday - Teriyaki Chicken Tacos (Island's Restaurant Style)
Thursday - Albondigas Soup
Friday - Chicken Pot Pie (probably Paula Deen style - comfort to the max)
Saturday - Split Pea Soup and Crusty Bread (providing our weather is not 113 degrees!)
Sunday - Tamale Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.