July 14, 2010

Encouragement

Sometimes I need a little encouragement.  Sometimes I like to give a little encouragement too!  Today I got some encouragement through my bible study and I wanted to share that with you.

"Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you.  Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart.  I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you.  Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain.  The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak.  Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy.  All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction.  Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend.  Stay on the path I have selected for you.  It is truly the path of life."
(This devotional is taken from Devotions for Every Day of the Year by Sarah Young - Jesus Calling)

Psalm 37:23-24
If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 16:11
You have made know to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

When I read the devotional above I picture a little girl walking beside her daddy.  Holding his hand.  Looking up at him for the next step, for the reassurance that it is the right step and that he has her if she falls.  That is how I feel now.  I praise my Abba Father for being that for me. I am that little girl.  I am also so excited for the sparkling suprises around the bend.  I wait with great anticipation to see what they are in our lives! I love that He can grant me the spiritual riches anytime, yet he chooses to grow my character in waiting for the right time. Ok well sometimes I dont LOVE that because waiting is hard and patience is not my virtue but where would my character be if I always had instant gratification?  I would be a spoiled little girl with her Daddy rather than one patiently trusting and leaning in for His strength.

 Thank you Jesus for your word.  It never returns void.



I love sunsets, they bring me such joy.  Had to post a picture of a sunset I got to enjoy in Florida in 2008.

2 comments:

  1. that was a nice "visual" in the Jesus calling devotion. It is an encouragement to me too "-)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's comforting to call the Lord, "Daddy". Feeling completely vulnerable and trusting that ultimately we're in good hands! It's not only an endearing term, but an attribute of our awesome God! Thanks for this Jenn. Great sunset photo!

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.