June 1, 2010

Celebrating and Enjoying God's creation

For my Moms birthday we took her to the beach. She loves the beach.

Now I must say we did not go to the beach with sand but the beach with grass and an option for sand.  I say this because, for me, I am not a huge fan of sand. I have to mentally and emotionally prepare for visiting the sand.  Especially now that I have an 8 month old who will immediately pick up a handful of it and put it in his mouth and crunch away!  I have to prepare to have it stuck to every crack and crevice of my body and my boys bodies. I have to prepare to eat my fair share of sand too because I know right when I get my sandwich out my little kiddo decides to run over and accidentally kick sand all over the towel where my lunch was.  I have to prepare for it to be all over the car and every single item that we took to the beach.  Yep, it's a big deal to me.  But... I digress.  This day was about my mom - so if she wanted to go to the sand I would have definitely done it.  My mom was perfectly happy going to the beach where we could look at the sand and sit on the grass.  Yay! It was a beautiful day there.  First we walked around the town that was near the beach and had lunch at a yummy bar-b-que place and then went to a coffee shop to get some coffee.  My mom loves coffee and an outing is not complete without a stop to one of our favorite coffee shops.  After that we went to the grassy area to sit and relax and enjoy the scenery.

Here we are.  I love that Steve put the umbrella lower so Cody could have some shade.  So cute!



We laid down, looked at the ocean, played catch, sipped our coffee and enjoyed each others company.







It was so bright and colorful at the beach that I thought it was the perfect photo op for Corbins 5th year pictures.  Ha!  Trying to get him to "pose" didn't work but some of the candids I really like because it shows Corbins true personality and genuine smile.  Here are some of them






I do love to see the ocean and one of my favorite things to do is watch sunsets. We did not see the sunset on this day but I will post some sunset pics in the future.  I have LOTS of them.

The ocean makes me get introspective.  It makes me feel very minute.  It makes me think of how creative and beautiful God is.  That He laid out the vast blue ocean before us.  Filled with animals we haven't even discovered yet.  It is so powerful and majestic.  Thank you Lord for your creation!

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.