April 16, 2010

Off with the sideburns

I have taken to cutting the boys hair (husband included) in the past year.  We got tired of paying 17+ dollars for hair cuts at the salon.  Even though there are wonderful aspects of the salons like head massages, a nice cushy chair, and mirrors all around the dollars were just adding up too fast every six or so weeks.  I have improved over the year with the helpful tips from my husband and watching some videos online on "how to." Now I can do it fairly quickly and they actually look halfway decent!

Corbin had his first hair cut at 1 year old but Cody had to have his first hair cut at 6 months!  He had these sideburns that he was born with and they were so cute when he as born but they just kept growing and growing. Almost down to his shoulders - no kidding!  I finally consented to cutting them. I just knew that he would go from "baby" to "little boy" and had to mentally prepare for that. Plus, being the scrapbooker that I am, I had to save the some hair and get some pictures of the event too. I mean it is a milestone! Yep I know I am silly.  This haircut was a nice improvement for Cody's look, even though I liked Hasidic Jew look.

Before:
Awhhh my little cutie!



During:






Cody loves his Daddy!

Cody was so good during this process and Steve held him nicely so I didn't accidentally jab him with the scissors.  It was easy and quick.
My boys bring me such JOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.